About summer placement
The summer placement for MBA students provides an opportunity to hone their skills by way of relating the theories with practice. Students are doing their summer projects by following the management models and theories, which covers various tactics and formulas which can be efficiently implemented to derive desired results along with achieving specific targets.
The summer project aims at equipping the student with a substantial degree of analytical and problem solving expertise giving the student an opportunity to apply his/her knowledge and skills guided by valuable experience and support from torchbearers of business world. This will enable students to look at the real world with sharper view and relate it with concepts pertaining to the functional areas of management.
The duration of the project is of 6–8 weeks after the completion of the Second Semester of the student. The students are required to prepare a report and also furnish a training completion certificate for the content of the project; hence the students have to collect the certificate approved by the relevant company in which he/she did his project.
SUGGESTED TOPICS FOR SUMMER PLACEMENT
• Financing Scheme of Consumers durables
• Management of Working Capital
• Capital Structure Study
• Venture Capital
• Merger & Acquisitions
• Foreign Exchange and Risk Management
• Asset & Liability Management in Banks / Funds
• Management in Banks
• Foreign Trade Financing
• Foreign Investment Operation Joint Ventures
• Credit Rating
• Credit Appraisal System in FI's
• Corporate Performance Measurement
• Project Management
• Capital Budgeting
• Stock Market: Equity Research Investment and Portfolio Management
• Off shore fund mobilization,
• Management Control System
• International Financial Markets
• Mutual Funds
• Merchant Banking
• Funds Management in Financial Service Organizations
• Marketing of Banking Products
• Recovery and Credit Management in Lending Institutions
• Need for better Customer Service in Cooperative Banks
• Impact of NPAs on the performance of Banks
• Risk management in Financial Organizations
• Marketing Strategy Formulations
• Feasibility Study for Setting up a new business
• New Product / Brand Development
• Identifying Consumer Tastes & Preferences
• Factors influencing Consumer Behavior
• Sales Promotion strategies and their impacts
• Perceptions of Consumers / Non-Consumers for a Product/ Brand
• Strategy for marketing through retail outlets
• Positioning of Product / Brand
• Strategies for Rural Marketing
• Consumer Needs for Product Design
• Estimation of Market Potential for a Product
• Sales and Distribution Management
• Brand Management
• Market Research for your product and services
• Media Planning
• Measurement of Effectiveness of Advertising and Sales Promotion Campaigns
• Internet Marketing
• E-Commerce and Buyer Behavior
• Customer Relationship Management
• Strategies for Marketing of Services
• Performance, Growth and Challenges faced by Indian healthcare Professionals in present internet era.
• Market potential and Doctors’ expectation on “Anti- Diarrheal drugs” in Ahmedabad.
• Understanding the best pharma Retail strategies being applied in Gandhinagar and factors leading to choice of best Retailer by Patients.
• Marketing efforts on Doctors to maintain the market share after package modification for “Aha-Glow Face Wash”
• Strategies to tackle the Discount expectations by customers from Pharma Retailers.
• Recent challenges in Dealing with people: Customers, Vendors, Employees , Doctors and Regulatory Bodies for Pharmaceutical Retail Store
• Loopholes exploited by Selling of Prescription drugs on name of OTC Drugs: A case of Online Pharmacies .
• Promotional Inputs:- Money Invested or Money Wasted. Analysis of top 5 companies Promotional Campaigns.
• Remedies for small companies for Dealing with heavy expectations of Doctors.
• Pharmaceutical Supply Chain, a backdoor for entrance of the counterfeit drugs in market.
• Scope on acceptability and scope for E-detailing, as a promotional tool in pharmaceutical companies.
• Challenges faced in identifying potential doctors for pharmaceutical prescription products.
• Crisis Management after DPCO’s new price policy – a survey with Chemists, wholesalers and pharmaceutical companies.
• Redefining the role of Pharmaceutical Medical representatives to enhance sales.
• Doctors and Chemists opinion on building a pharmaceutical brand in antihistamine category
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• Human Resource Management Practices
• Industrial Relation System
• Career Planning
• Training and Development System in an Organization
• Quality of Work Culture
• Stress Management
• Socialization and Induction Process
• Conflict Management in an Organization
• Job design and its impact on Employee
• Personal & HR Policies
• Wage & Salary Structure of an Organization
• Quality Management
• Management Audit
• Managing Knowledge workers
• A Study on the effective design of procurement system
• A Study on information security using public key information
• A Study on The role of loyal consumers on grocery e-commerce adoption in India
• A Study on Using Value Chain Analysis to Manage Consumer Confidence in IT Knowledge Services
• A Study on IT Strategies in organizations
• Developing a Comprehensive New Payroll System
• A Study on Backup and Recovery Scheduler
• A Study on Remote Monitoring System
• A Study on development of Call Centre Management
• A Study on Cell Breathing Techniques for Load Balancing in Wireless LANs
• Work-life balance in IT sector
• Impact of IT/ITES growth on real estate industry
• A study to understand the training and development practices followed in IT/ITES industry
• A Study On Deployment Of Information Technology In Educational Institutions
• A Study On Customer Buying Behaviour Of Electronic Security Systems In Banking Sector
• Organizational Structure Of The Support Function Department Of The Mid-Size IT Companies
Prof. Ranjani Shrinivasan
S.K.Patel Institute of Management and Computer Studies (MBA)
Sarva Vidyalaya Campus, Sector – 23,
Gh-6 Road, Gandhinagar,
Gujarat – 382023
Mobile: +91- 97236 19370